Welcome to Karnes Electric Cooperative, Inc.
Interested in starting New Service with Karnes Electric Cooperative, Inc.?
Click the option below that best describes your position.
- What will the meter service (site-built home, manufactured home, shop, water well, etc.)?
- Where will the structure(s) be located?
- What amp and voltage service is requested to service the electric load?
- Where will the meter be located (installed on the structure or the meter pole)?
- Do you want an area light installed?
- Where do you want the construction estimate to be mailed? The engineering dept. will mail an construction cost estimate to the address you provide
- A membership application packet including a right of way easement will be mailed upon your request. Please execute and return the original forms along with the total amount due. The applicant will be responsible for providing Karnes Electric Cooperative, Inc. with all easements.
- All service locations require a deposit. An applicant shall not be required to pay a deposit if the applicant has established a satisfactory credit rating as determined by the cooperative.
- After the payment and paperwork are received and all easements are secured, a staking technician will stake the job and submit it to the operations superintendent who will schedule the job for construction.
- The cooperative will make a good faith effort to complete the project in a timely manner, but the completion of the facilities and the initiation of service will depend upon circumstances beyond the cooperative’s control.
- The applicant is responsible for everything below the meter. Once your disconnect box is installed, call Karnes Electric to schedule a service man to inspect the connection. If it is approved, the serviceman will energize your meter. If the disconnect box is improperly installed and a second trip is required to energize the meter, a $125.00 service charge will be applied to your next bill.
If you need power at a location that currently has a meter or had a meter in the past, please contact our member service department. Member services can also assist with name changes and transfers.Be prepared to answer the following questions:
- Is there currently a meter or a transformer at the location?
- What will the meter serve, and what is the 9-1-1 address of the service?
Such meters shall be of a standard type which meet industry standards except that special meters not conforming to such standards may be used for non-billing purposes such as quality of service investigation and experimental uses
>>125AMP Service on Pole
>>200AMP Service on Pole
>>325AMP Service on Pole
>>CT (Current Transformer) Metering on Pole
>>Meter Service on Building
>>Meter Service through the Roof
>>Temporary Meter Service
>>200AMP Underground Service
>>325AMP Underground Service
>>CT Metering Underground Service
The member shall provide an easily accessible and suitable location for the cooperative’s meter and meter loop.
The member’s meter shall be accessible to the cooperative at all times. The meter loop shall be located on the outside of any building or structure; and shall be moved to the outside, at the member’s expense, if its locations moves inside of a building or structure as the result of remodeling or structural additions.
The member shall designate the point of delivery where the member desires to receive electric energy and shall provide service entrance conductors and any material or equipment needed for the receipt of electric energy.
The point of delivery of electric energy is the point where the member’s service entrance conductors are connected to the cooperative’s conductors. Such point shall be outside of the member’s installation or structure(s) at a location, which will facilitate connection in accordance with the National Electrical Safety Code, the National Electric Code, and standard operating practices of the cooperative.
The member shall furnish and install all apparatus, including disconnects and breakers, and all electrical wiring on the member’s premises except the meter loop. The member shall at all times ensure that the member’s premises, facilities and equipment comply with the provisions of the National Electrical Code and the National Electrical Safety Code as well as other applicable standards imposed by law or ordinance.
The cooperative accepts no responsibility and assumes no liability for the adequacy of the member’s installation or for damage and/or injury as a result of inadequate apparatus or equipment, incorrect wiring, faulty material or workmanship, or any other deficiencies of defects in the wiring, and/or equipment on the member’s premises.
>>Membership Application (English)
>>Membership Application (En Espanol)
>>Master Agreement (English)
>>Master Agreement (En Espanol)
>>Online Credit Report Form
>>Farm Tax Exemption Certificate
>>General Tax Exemption
>>Right of Way Easement (One Signature)
>>Right of Way Easement (Two Signatures)
>>Aerial Right of Way Easement (One Signature)
>>Aerial Right of Way Easement (Two Signatures)
>>911 Address Contacts by County
>>Voting Representative Form
>>Critical Care Registry Application