We are seeing a strong upswing in the number of commercial and residential construction projects, and Karnes Electric is prepared to welcome our new member-owners home. No matter the size or scope of your project, KEC is here to help you manage the process from beginning to end.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
1. The Service Address, Meter Number or former member who had service at the location.
2. A Valid Driver’s License and Social Security Number.
3. A completed Membership Application.
4. Membership fee($5.00) and deposit (varies by location).
5. If service is currently connected, authorization from current member.
1. Complete the New Service Questionnaire.
2. Obtain your 911 address for your service location.
3. Submit all required documents including: Filed Copy of your Warranty Deed, Notarized Right of Way Easements, and Membership Application.
4. Pay the total Cost Estimate and Membership Fee.
5. After construction is complete a Licensed Electrician will need to install a main breaker panel.
6. Contact our office for a scheduled inspection of the main breaker panel.
7. The meter will be energized up to 3 business days after passed inspection.
8. The member’s first bill will be received in 6-8 weeks.
To check whether KEC is the Electric Service provider at your planned service location, please use our Service Map.